Broof Doll complete with a Dickfish!


This sew - TOTALLY a just for fun sew!!! I've had this on my make list since we watched the latest Doraleous and Associates episode that hit youtube. (which you can go and watch HERE). Though the episode might not be child appropriate, depending on age of your child/ren of course and what you allow in your home - so consider yourself fair warned)

Broof has always been a favourite character in the series and right at the end of this episode when he comes back in with the dickfish made the husband and I laugh so much that we would randomly say "dickfish" to each other and start chortling again. 


I actually made TWO Broof dolls with dickfish. Why??? Well, because this project included heavily modifying a doll pattern (Nimblephish Delightful Doll pattern), LOADS of hand painting and of course sewing all those details and making my own pattern for the dickfish. 

So, I was pretty sure at some point in this project I would mess it up, which is why I started with sewing two, I wanted a spare in case I made an irreversible error. I ended with two dolls though - because I didn't mess up the painting anywhere and the sewing and mods turned out perfectly! (though the hair took a couple attempts ... and I almost forgot the ears..) 


I'm not going to lie about the time commitment for making a fan based doll, there was sooo much hand sewing and painting for the details here that each doll is about 15hours of work. A few times I had to take a few days break between working on the Broof dolls because my fingers were so worn down and sore from the hand sewing.


BUT, I was able to gift one to the husband - which he has decorating his gaming area and it makes us both smile when we see it - and he was very impressed with how this turned out and it is nice to be able to wow him sometimes with my sewing and painting. 


I was going to save this for the anniversary gift (11 years later this month ! ... not really sure where that time went) But of course, I suck at keeping surprises and like being all "look what I did!" when I make things... 

And now I am going to have to think of something else for a present....  OR (and I am favouring this) are anniversary gifts needing to be on the day of a bit overrated? I mean an early present is still a present right? 

1 comment

Brianne Matlage said...

Ha! This totally cracked me up!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin