A Tale of Two Raglans!



Today I'm sharing TWO raglan patterns with you! I know I've made the Camden by Hey June* before (and blogged it...). But it is such a great pattern that my oldest daughter just LOVES!

The second raglan is the Chalk and Notch Waterfall which I hadn't made before now. My youngest though wanted a shirt that looked like a dress, the Waterfall fit the bill and she LOVES it! (and has picked fabric out for her next one!

My daughters are very different body shapes - so even a simple raglan sew is not the same for both kids, another reason to love multiple designers having raglan patterns out!





The girls both wanted the Out to Space fabric from True North Fabrics (that I did design). I used a panel for the front of both the shirts and the main print for the sleeves and backs of the shirts.

As you can see the Camden is a nicely fitted but not too fitted raglan with a slight curved hem. The Waterfall is more of a flared bodice with a ruffle bottom and a very slight hi-lo curved hemline.

indoor pics because we had 80kph winds and snow!

Both these patterns are cut to sew in under an hour - the waterfall a little longer since there is a ruffle to gather - so +10mins. The directions for both patterns are amazing and each pattern has a great fit!

The Camden has a few more options since it includes a hood option, and has a banded bottom. It is worth noting this is a juniors sizing pattern... great size range - but not for littles. Sizes 6-16 are included in the pattern.

The Waterfall is a relaxed fit with ruffle bottom and has a few sleeve length options and a dress option as well! Sizing is 12months to 12 years. So not for the teens. (but there is a womens' version)

In my humble opinion just one raglan pattern is NOT enough - and as you can see these styles are completely different! Each pattern suits the child it was made for perfectly! So I vote for both!


Which raglan is on your radar to sew next?


2 comments

Gabriela Longfish said...

These are both great! I love Hey June patterns! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tina Voth said...

The Camden is definitely on my list to make! I love how these turned out.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin