Whittling down the list of unsewn patterns


I did a little just for fun sewing recently! I'm tryign to tackle that list of patterns I have but have not sewn (how long is your list? I try to not keep count of mine lol.... but slowly working on it!)



I chose the Penelope Pocket dress because my kid is OBSESSED with Beanie Boos and these pockets are the perfect size to hold beanie boos!


I changed up construction a little bit and did bindings instead of a faced bodice as it is summer and I didn't want extra heat, plus bindings felt a bit faster....


I also used a bit less fabric in the width of the skirt than the pattern calls for - and this works well since the pockets are placed according to the center and not the sides. The pocket construction is quite clever and not hard at all. Just be sure to follow the directions!


I managed to sew this up in an hour and a bit and cutting took about 20minutes. 
For fabric I used a great mid weight cotton lycra fabric from True North Fabrics (the stars are all sold out currently - but keep an eye for new retail!)


Final verdict: I'll be making this pattern again! I look forward to the long sleeve version (in pattern) to make winter dresses for the girls too!

Photobucket

No comments

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin