I did something I was scared of!


I made myself a swimsuit!!!!!  This has been something I've wanted to try for YEARS! but have been sooo scared of that slinky swim fabric! This year - I did it!

I used the free George and Ginger lovesick bralette (get the pattern from their fb group). I added the little loop to the front because it felt too conservative without it ... Please tell me I'm not alone in sometimes feeling bikini's can be conservative ? 

I used the SUAT scrundies - boy shorts version for the bottoms. I lined th main parts - so those are not going anywhere when I get in water!


For the top I did add swim elastic to the seam allowance alone the top part of the bra top and a little in the back of the band. 


Now my ghost like self is just waiting for summer.... 

Fun fact: When I took these pics it was -20C outside... and about 5pm when ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the neighbours were getting home (it was the golden hour....) I am pretty sure all my neighbours officially think I'm crazy... This is probably why I have no friends in town lol (except you Tina!)
Photobucket

3 comments

Ajaire Parello said...

Haha! My neighbors for sure think I'm nuts and I'm sure most bloggers feel the same way. So funny! Your suit turned out so well and I can't believe you hadn't sewn swim before!!

Tina Voth said...

Awe, thanks! We might be a tad bit crazy, but a whole lot of fun! I love the suit! I remember that day, it was freezing!

auschick said...

Lol, it is so cute! I took mine on my deck and thankfully all our neighbors had magically gone inside at that point!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin